Saturday, October 09, 2010

Flash Fiction - Tearing Me Apart

The real father of my children stared back at me. Somehow, I found the strength to utter the words.
'You have to leave,' I said. 'I am falling in love with you and it’s tearing me apart.'
A pained look crossed his face. He let go of my hand and swallowed hard.
'I understand. I didn’t mean for any of this to happen.'
He went over to the cot where the twins were, fast asleep. He kissed them both and looked at me again.
'Take good care of them. And give my regards to your husband.' Then he stepped out of the room and closed the door.

I felt my heart break.

When William had found out he was infertile, it was my idea for us to use a donor to get me pregnant. What I hadn’t bargained for was developing feelings for Gavin. He was just supposed to be a sperm donor and nothing more. But I found myself being drawn to him over time. And now the joy of having our babies was mixed with the pain of a marriage being shaken to its very foundation.

A single tear traced its way down my left cheek.

(FG)

15 comments:

  1. This is serious!

    Anonymous donor all the way o.

    lol..

    Nice write up. I presume more is coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've got one word for this short story 'Intriguing'..

    pls tell me there is more, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flash at it's best! I like how you stirred my emotions with the few words. How are you dear, long time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Myne took the words from my mouth...few words, straight to the point, but i felt the emotions...nice one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhh..so she had to do the deed with him to get the sperm...ah, and then afterwards? how did the feelings develop? does the hubs know him? as what?

    girl, u just set my mind reeling..and with so few words. me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully crafted and simply brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Showing talents and skills...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Showing talents and skills...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... This is where I shoulda been at.. I like..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want more! This is torture!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:28 pm

    Intriguing indeed. I like. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1:14 am

    Very intriguing! You did so much with so few words!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cleopatra9:47 am

    omg!!! intrigue!. don't know who you are girl, but your flash fictions are just awesome! stumbled on your blog by chance and i have already bookmarked it!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Thank you.